Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Chocolate-Dipped Salted Caramels
Dulce de Leche
Dulce de leche chocolate-dipped cannoli
- 3 Six Piece boxes of Alessi Sicilian Style Hand Rolled Cannoli Shells
- 16 oz. Mascarpone Italian Sweet Cheese
- 6 oz. Dulce de Leche
- 11 ½ ounces 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Decorations: Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips, Toasted Coconut, Chopped Pistachio Nuts, Sprinkles
This is a really easy semi-homemade recipe. Any large grocer should carry the handmade Sicilian-stye Cannoli shells. This really wows guests at a dinner party.
- 1Over a simmering water bath, slowly melt the chocolate 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips in a metal bowl. Remove from heat and stir. Dip the cannoli to your liking and line with melted chocolate. Place dipped cannoli on a cooling rack and allow chocolate to set 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the dulce de leche and mascarpone cheese until blended. Put in the refrigerator for ½ hour to set.
- 3With a pastry bag, fill cannoli and decorate to your liking. Cover and store leftovers in refrigerator.