Field Guide to Herbs & Spices
An Egyptian blend of toasted nuts and spices, dukkah is used as a seasoning for lamb stew. Pita bread is also dipped in olive oil and then in dukkah. Use dukkah as a crunchy
coating for chicken and fish, or sprinkle it over salads along with a little sumac.
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 3/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1In a dry skillet, lightly toast hazelnuts and pistachio nuts. Remove from the pan, cool, and chop finely. In the same pan, lightly toast white sesame seeds until fragrant, nutty, and golden brown. Cool, then combine with the nuts, ground coriander, ground cumin, and salt and black pepper to taste.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved