1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs (room temp)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cup flour
1 cup ‶quick oats″ not instant
1 cup or to taste mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
1Pre heat oven to 350
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix baking powder, baking soda, salt and four together and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugars with an electric mixture until super fluffy
3. Lightly mix in one egg at a time
4. Add vanilla and milk
5. Using a wooden spoon, mix half the flour mixture at a time
6. Mix in oatmeal
7. Optional- Split the batch in half and add choc. chips to one and peanut butter chips to the other.) Otherwise just add your chips of choice to batter.
8. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop 1/2 inch drops 2 inches apart
Bake for 5-6 minutes until just browned around the edges
Transfer the cookies while on the parchment paper from the cookie sheet to a flat surface to cool 5-6 minutes then transfer to airtight container.
Cookies will keep up to a week and a half.
1To make the cookies look fancy, you can melt chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over the cookies in stripe or swirl designs.