Classic Mac Salad
A flavorful update of a classic picnic side dish. We’ve removed the excessive mayo typical of macaroni salad and added a dollop of sour cream. If you’re going to throw dietary caution to the wind, your mac salad should at least taste good.
Game plan: The macaroni salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated in a covered container. Stir well before serving.
This recipe was featured as part of both our Picnic for the Fourth of July menu and our photo gallery of Picnic Recipes.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked elbow macaroni, rinsed and cooled
- 3/4 cup celery, small dice
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 1Place mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, paprika, and pepper in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and stir to evenly coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved