Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Sticky Hot Pasta
Cajun Kilbasa Pasta
- 2 cups (dry) bow tie pasta cooked according to package directions.
- 1 to 1 1/2 Lbs. of Kilbasa Sausage, diagonal sliced, in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium sized onions, coarsely chopped; 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped; 1 medium red bell pepper coarsely chopped; 1 tsp. salt; 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper; 1/2 tsp. Olde Westport Cajun seasoning ( if you like things really hot use 1tsp.- this stuff is very potent) And Last you need a jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
This is a simple pasta dish that came about because I had to have a quick dinner for unexpected guests. I had to use what I had on hand. I have had sausage and pasta before but I had never tried fixing it myself. I knew the guests liked cajun food so I put this together, and it was a big hit, everyone liked it.
- 1Cook the pasta, drain and set aside. Slice the sausage and put into a large fry pan, on med. high heat. Fry and stir sausage for about 3 minutes, then add the chopped onions and bell peppers.
- 2Add the seasonings, salt, pepper, and cajun spice, and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour in the jar of pasta sauce, and add the bow tie pasta, stir and simmer for about 10 minutes uncovered. Serve immediately with Garlic Toast and Parmasean Cheese.