Blue Cheese Dressing
Tart, cooling plain yogurt adds a pleasant tang to this salad-bar staple.
What to buy: Look for organic, whole-milk plain yogurt. Most organic brands that have “cream on top” are more fluid because they contain fewer stabilizers.
Game plan: If you’re using yogurt that’s not very tangy, you may need to add a little more vinegar.
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Dash Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1In a small mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt and mayonnaise until smooth. Mix in the vinegar, salt, and sugar, and season well with freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Stir in the blue cheese and Worcestershire sauce (if using), and refrigerate until ready to serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved