Blood Orange Sparkler
A slightly bitter cocktail with blood orange juice mixed with bubbly given to us by author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone..
- 1 blood orange
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons sweet vermouth
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- 1Set blood orange on a cutting board and, using a sharp knife, cut off and discard ends. Slice rind and white pith off fruit using a gentle downward sawing motion, cutting away as little flesh as possible. Discard rind.
- 2Slice fruit into 1/2-inch pieces. Divide pieces evenly among the wineglasses.
- 3Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar atop orange slices in each glass and muddle together to extract juice. Add 1/2 teaspoon vermouth to each glass and stir.
- 4Divide sparkling wine among the glasses, stir, and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved