Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Rib-Eye with Pineapple and Blue Cheese
Poached Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Black and Blue Mussels
- 1 pound mussels rinsed and cleaned
- 6 ounces Blue Moon Beer
- 2 shallots sliced
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 3 tablespoons butter, split
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Parsley, rough chopped
Blue Moon is a great light summer beer and mussels are a great light summer meal. It is something of a classic to cook mussels in beer, but by adding ingredients that highlight the flavores of Blue Moon this dish brings the beer’s character to the for front.
- 1Heat a large sautee pan or pot over med-high heat.
- 2Sautee shallot in 1 tablespoon butter untill soft then stir in coriander for about 20 seconds. Top this with orange zest and juice.
- 3Add the mussels and Blue Moon Beer top with salt and pepper and cook on high for about 5 minutes or untill the liquid has reduced by 1/2.
- 4Gently stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and parsley over high heat for another 2-3 minutes or until the butter has melted.
- 5Serve with a hunk of crusty bread to soak of the perfect Blue Moon broth