Beet Deviled Eggs with Smoked Blue Cheese
Adapted from Mitch Prensky
Mitch Prensky, chef-owner at Supper in Philadelphia, shared this recipe with us. Hard-boiled egg yolks are mashed with Dijon mustard, puréed beets, mayonnaise, and chives, then scooped into the hard-boiled egg whites and topped with smoked blue cheese, for an earthy riff on deviled eggs.
To see more of Prensky’s deviled egg recipes, check out this story.
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons puréed beets
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rogue Creamery’s Smokey Blue Cheese, for garnish (optional)
- 1Hard-boil the eggs; cool, peel, and halve them; and carefully remove the yolks. Reserve the whites.
- 2Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, beets, lemon juice, and chives in a medium, nonreactive bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix well until the yolks are broken up and the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- 3Evenly pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the reserved egg white halves. As desired, top with Rogue Creamery’s Smokey Blue Cheese.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved