Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Eggnog Sweet Potatoes
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Baked Lemon Sweet Potatoes
- 8 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 2 cups light brown sugar mixed with ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 lemons, washed, dried and sliced as thin as possible (peel and all) no seeds
- 2 ½ sticks butter, melted (also soft butter for greasing baking dish)
This is a family recipe that I remember having during the Holidays. It is good hot, room temperature and cold. It keeps well in the refrigerator (it usually gets eaten rapidly).
- 1Sprinkle ¼ cup of brown sugar and salt mixture in the bottom of a lightly buttered baking dish (approx. 13”x9”x2”).
- 2Arrange slices of sweet potato and lemon in layers in the baking dish. Sprinkle each layer with the brown sugar and salt mixture, End with a layer of sliced lemon with brown sugar and salt sprinkled over the lemons.
- 3Pour the melted butter over potatoes evenly. Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until lemons on top are lightly browned.