Table Talk with Chef Zachary Golper of Bien Cuit |
Answers Are In! ›
Sweet Potato Casserole
Potato and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Bacon pasta casserole
- 12 ounces of egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dried chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of half-and-half
- 1/2 cup of dry sherry or water
- 6 tablespoons of hard, grated cheese (parmesan or similar), divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
A savory blend of flavors, with a good balance among the smokiness of the bacon, the sharpness of the cheese and the creaminess of the sauce. Good for a main dish or a sturdy side.
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Make sure noodles are at room temperature and place in a large mixing bowl. Toss thoroughly with the crumbled bacon, chives, pepper, 3 tablespoons of the grated cheese and olive oil.
- 3Butter a large baking dish (9-by-13-by-2-inches). Place noodle mixture in pan and pat down into an even layer.
- 4In mixing bowl, combine soup, wine or water, half-and-half and the remaining grated cheese. Whisk together thoroughly and pour evenly over the noodles.
- 5Evenly spread mozzarella cheese over noodles and tightly cover dish with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- 6Bake for an hour, or until sauce is bubbling. If you like, remove foil for last 10 minutes or so and allow top to brown slightly. Let casserole cool for few minutes before serving.