Asian Sesame-Cucumber Salad
Adapted from "Field Guide to Herbs & Spices" by Aliza Green
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
1Peel and seed cucumbers and cut on the diagonal into thin slices. Toss the cucumber pieces with kosher salt, transfer to a colander, and let drain for 1 hour.
2Toast white sesame seeds in a dry skillet until they’re golden brown. Whisk together rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes.
3Rinse the cucumber slices thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Toss the cucumbers with the dressing and toasted sesame seeds and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved