Asian Sauteed Cucumber
This is a quick side dish, great with just about anything. Just a few ingredients and a light saute and it is done in minutes.
Great with BBQ, grilled fish or just about anything. I love that it is simple and has a clean refreshing flavor. Warm or room temp is fine for this.
- 3 medium to large cucumbers (seedless cucumbers)
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 2 scallions chopped diagonally 1/2' pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 squeeze or 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil to saute
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
1First shred the carrots and prepare the cucumber. Don’t peel. Cut lengthwise in thin strips and then in 2" pieces
2In a large pan (non stick) for stir fry, toast the sesame seeds just for a minute or two until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
3Then heat the oil in the same pan. Add the scallion, ginger, cucumber, soy and cook a couple of minutes. Then add the carrot and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss in the sesame seeds and remove from the heat. Serve warm NOT hot or room temp. A great simple side
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved