Table Talk with Chef Zachary Golper of Bien Cuit |
Answers Are In! ›
Pasta with Arugula Pesto, Sun-Dried Tomatoes...
Easy Basil Pesto
Arugula and Basil Pesto Pasta with Butternut Squash and Hazelnuts
- 10 oz of whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 of a butternut squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup of largely chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed coriander seeds
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of basil
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 turns of fresh black pepper
This is a super easy to make pasta dish, that is perfect for vegetarians, and meat lovers alike. It is so rich and tasty you won’t even notice you’re not eating meat. It is a perfect meal for those evenings when you want something filling, but not complicated.
For other recipes like it check out www.thatsnothowmommadoesit.com
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, take long strips of chopped butternut squash and put in a pyrex dish, along with the onions and chopped hazelnuts. Crush the coriander seeds with a mortar and pestle, and pour onto the squash with one tbsp of olive oil and the black pepper and put into the oven.
- 2While the squash is cooking, put a large stockpot of water on the stove to boil the pasta. And then use a food processor to blitz the arugula, basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, parmesan and the rest of the olive oil into a thick pesto paste. When the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta, put the pasta back in the stock pot and add the pesto.
- 3After 30 minutes or so the squash should be cooked, and you can add it to the top of the pasta with the hazelnuts and onions.