Adapted from Nick Mautone
During his glory days, golfer Arnold Palmer drank a blend of iced tea and lemonade, a drink that became known, aptly, as the Arnold Palmer. This spiked version given to us by author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone substitutes citrus-flavored rum and limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur, for the lemonade.
What to buy: If you don’t have citrus-flavored rum, you can use unflavored light rum, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and lime juice as desired, and adjust the amount of limencello and simple syrup as needed.
- 4 cups Basic Iced Tea
- 1 cup limoncello
- 1 cup Bacardi Limón
- Rich Simple Syrup to taste
- 6 lemon twists, for garnish
- 6 mint leaves, for garnish
- 1Mix together the iced tea, limoncello, and Bacardi Limón in a 2-quart container. Taste and add simple syrup to sweeten as desired.
- 2Fill 6 highball or iced tea glasses with ice, divide the cocktail among the glasses, garnish each drink with a lemon twist and mint leaf, and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved