Hi guys - I'm taking my wife away for the classic surprise weekend in Paris. We both love our food (especially french!) and some of our best memories are beautiful meals in fine restaurants.
I know this kind of thing is asked a million times on this board, so sorry for the repetition, but I'm after a restaurant recommendation based on the following criteria (in order of importance):
1. Excellent Food. We are adventurous eaters, open to anything.
2. A room that makes you feel special, but not necessarily in the over the top grand ballroom style that seems to still pervade some of the top end of Paris dining.
3. A total bill at the end of the night under E500 all in (and that's going to need to handle at least one bottle of decent wine and a couple of apperitifs...).
4. Welcoming service to patchy French speakers. We can read menus and order fine, but will not get into in depth discussions with any comfort. No need to be formal (we're 30), but we are perfectly comfortable in formal environments if the food warrants it.
5. We're staying in Le Marais, but will be prepared to travel (by reasonable cab fare...).
I've been trying to read through all the previous topics but am having trouble working out what would be best for us! Really appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks.