The following are the 10 best places I ate at in Chicagoland this year, some old favorites & some new places for me:
1) Tank Noodle - best meal of the year, love the Pho, and other Vietnamese dishes
2) Sun Wah BBQ - I loved the Chinese BBQ meats(pork, duck, etc.)
3) Cemita's Puebla - found my favorite sandwich in Chicago here - Cemitas Atomica
4) Lao Sze Chuan - many meals, and never a bad dish at either location
5) Renga-Tei(Lincolnwood) - a new favorite as well,
6) Saloon Steakhouse - I had my best steak of the year here, a Dry Aged K.C. Strip
7) Amanacer Tapatio(Joliet) - had the best Mexican food of the year here on a few visits
8) Cajun Connection(Utica) - they knock it out of the park on every visit, the best cajun food around
9) Coalfire - I really enjoy this coal fired New Haven style pizza
10) Fabulous Noodles(Lisle) - never a bad meal at this regualr stop.
The 3 worst meals:
1) Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe(Burbank) - gave this place 2 tries, I wont give them a 3rd. Bad bbq ribs, & the worst steak I had all year. However the Chucks red was good.
2) Giordano's - had another bad round of pizza from this chain.
3) Adobo Grill - the worst Mexican food of the year, however they do have a good tequila selection at this chain.