Cyrus is the ultimate, but hardly the only, dining experience in Healdsburg. If you walk just around the corner, you will find Willi's Seafood and Raw Bar. This is a popular spot for raw shellfish and seafood-driven small plates. There is nothing subtle about the food here. Everything was fresh, flavorful, and boldly spiced. We ate there on a bustling Wednesday night and enjoyed:
* One dozen succulent raw oysters
* Hamachi ceviche with rocoto chili, lime juice, pepitas
* Flash-fried calamari with orange chili gremolata
* BBQ'd bacon-wrapped scallops with cilantro pumpkinseed pesto
* Almond-crusted halibut with lemon-caper butter
* Great warm sourdough bread
The prices are reasonable, the dining room is lively, and the service is casual and friendly. They have an excellent wine list, with plenty Champagne offerings to accompany the oysters, and some interesting cocktails. The Trauma Whisperer gave the gin-based cucumber martini 3 scalpels out of 4. Even though the couple next to us nearly came to blows because the wife, after too much wine-tasting we can only hope, could not wrap her brain around the whole tapas concept, we still had a great meal and a wonderful time. We would definitely return.