Cheese

New white mold on old partly-used brie - ok to eat?

Share:

Cheese 15

New white mold on old partly-used brie - ok to eat?

brenv | Jun 5, 2011 06:09 PM

I have a brie round that has been in the fridge a while. It now has some new white fluffy, fuzzy mold on the cut sides as well as on the rind. It's an Alouette brand round that was loosely wrapped in it's original packaging after eating half of it and left in a corner of the cheese drawer, not an artisanal or unpasteurized cheese.

The new mold looks just like what's on the rind only fluffier. Would you go ahead and eat it?

Thanks!

Want to stay up to date with this post?