I am looking for white dinnerware for everyday use. Here are my requirements:
1. I want to store my dinnerware in my upper cabinets and they need to be 11" or smaller. I have found that when they state 11”, it sometimes measures 11, 10 3/4" or 11 1/4". For example: Apilco Hemstitch and Apilco Tradition are 11” plates, Hemstitch fits and Tradition does not.
2. I have 2 boys under 2 years old and I want something durable as well as something that will not be discontinued any time soon since I know that I will have to replace some pieces when they do break.
3. I want something traditional or classic that can easily be used with accent pieces (colors, holiday, etc.).
4. I prefer china or porcelain. I have looked at Apilco, Sur La Table, Williams-Sonoma Pantry, and Pillivuyt. I haven’t really looked at much bone china.
5. My budget is $1200 for service for 12 and some serveware. I could go a bit higher or get service for 8 and add on over time. It'd be a huge bonus if I came in under budget.