My newly-minted wife and I are leaving this weekend for a two week honeymoon in Sicily. Very exciting! Here's the catch: we are vegetarians (dairy and eggs are fine, as is fish in small quantities, but no shellfish, red meat, etc.). We have spent time in Palermo and eaten VERY well despite our dietary restrictions. Our itinerary this time is taking us a little further afield, though, and we need some advice. We are aware of La Foglia in Siracusa and have a solid plan for Palermo, but beyond that ...
Our itinerary is below - any recommendations are greatly appreciated. There are also some specific requests for suggestions from knowledgeable 'Hounds! We will have a car and are willing to make a trek for a great meal.
- 4 nights in Noto
- 3 nights in Monreale/Palermo
- 3 nights in Erice
- 3 nights in Lipari
- Lunch near Fontanarossa Airport?
- Dinner in Noto?
- Dinner in Modica?
- Lunch in Caltagirone?
- Best pizza in Monreale? (I'm told there are many good options)
- Dinner in Trapani?
- A good bar in Marsala to sample a range of local wines?
- Best places, island-wide, to eat artichokes in season? (This is basically the whole reason we're going)
Many, many thanks in advance!