Dear West Coast Chowhounders,
We're visiting at the end of the month and I know I can trust you to help us find good value places to eat. I realize you're asked "where should we eat?" by many visitors so I'll try to be specific about what I want. We're a young 20-something couple from Toronto. We're on a budget but we plan to have one, maybe two "nice" meals out. Please help out your fellow foodie by answering the following:
1. Where would you take an out-of-town visitor for a nice (but not too fancy) dinner out (about $60-80/person)?
2. Which neighbourhood is best for a bar hop of casual watering holes where the music isn't too loud, patrons wear sneakers/jeans and they serve a good variety of microbrews/well-made cocktails?
3. We're staying in the Riley Park/South Cambie area. Where can we get the following within walking distance:
b) cheap but respectable sushi
d) tapas/small plates
e) coffee shop with wi-fi
f) casual bar with good selection
4. We'll be cooking a few meals. Are there nearby markets worth going to?
5. We're also spending a couple nights in Ucluelet, so if you have suggestions for that are, please fire away.
6. Anything else...?
Based on my research of this board, we're already excited to try: Salt Tasting Room, Go Fish, Aurora Bistro and Au Petit.
Thanks in advance,
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 3 days ago | 28
Updated 10 days ago | 28
Updated 7 days ago | 38