I've been a vegetarian for 20 years. But, before I settle into that for the rest of my life, I want to find out what I've been missing.
So last night, I started eating meat again -- temporarily. I want to try out the best meat-based dishes around, and then -- mostly likely -- go back to being a vegetarian.
Since last night, I've had:
- Momofuku Ssam: uni; pork buns
- Bar Room at The Modern: Lamb and goat cheese terrine; Tripe(!)
I'm not squeamish, so I'll eat anything from the highbrow stuff to offal. But, I'm planning to avoid factory farmed animals as much as possible.
On my "to do" list so far:
- The duck at EMP
- Sushi (medium quality and high quality)
- Black Label burger at Minetta Tavern
- Steak at Keen's. Which one?
- What else?
I'm open to all suggestions. Please let me know your favorite meat-based dishes in Manhattan.
Momofuku Ssam Bar
207 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10003
113 MacDougal St, New York, NY 10012