it's a bit better than the pyramid, but that's not saying much. it still needs a lot of improvement.
- there's no mention of healthful fats.
- they should specify that the majority of your vegetables should be of the *non-starchy* or fibrous variety because this country is on potato & corn overload.
- there's nothing about portion or plate sizes.
- i'd like to see the "grains" portion even smaller.
- i'm also on the fence about the way it sends the "eat fruit with every meal" message, particularly because i *know* that will translate to sugary applesauce or fruit juice for a lot of people.
Updated 1 year ago | 178
Updated 10 months ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 1