OK, so it wasn't very chow-ish of me to let my young kids drag me to the Pizzeria Uno's in Newton. I expected a filling but unspectacular meal, but what I got was the meal from hell:
* Server had a terrible cough. Not just the mild case of a cold, but a racking, heaving respitorial condition. I watched her go the drink station, and she had 3 uncontrollable fits, hacking into napkins. She could barely speak, her voice was so hoarse
* She disappeared for a bit at a time, returning smelling of cigarettes
* She gave us our plates. It was only after we put our pizza on them that we noticed that they were wet from the dishwasher. It's dark in that restaurant and perhaps she missed it, but it meant that we had soggy pizza
* Kids' dish comes. It's cold
* I took my kids to the bathroom, and though our coats were still on their coathook of our booth and our containers of leftovers were on the table, she cleared our table!
* I ask her why she did that. She got defensive. I hear her complaining about me to the other servers. I was floored. She didn't seem to understand that it's the customer who pays the bills
* I lodge a complaint with the manager. He doesn't seem to give a flying hoot. In fact, he tells me that the server had given him a doctor's note telling him it was OK for her to work. It was clear that her indifference to customer service was systemic at that location. He just didn't care. No apology, no nothing. I tell him I'm never going back, and he doesn't really seem to give a damn
OK, I know this isn't a message board for venting, but this was the terrible. In fact, it's almost comical if I weren't so pissed off.
My advice: AVOID UNO'S NEWTON LIKE THE PLAGUE (AS THEY HAVE A SERVER WHO MAY HAVE IT)!
Updated 24 days ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 12 months ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 4 days ago | 28