Who's willing to help a Minneapolis Chowhounder out? I'm in town on business, soon to be vacation, and I've completely dropped the ball and made no reservations anywhere. It's my first time in NYC and my husband will be joining me here later this week (hopefully he can avoid the storm!). I'm looking for some recommendations for great places to dine. Requirements as follows:
1) We're staying in midtown Manhattan - near Radio City Music Hall - good recs nearby would be awesome.
2) Despite this, we're willing to travel for good food, so if it's worth our while we'll take the subway or taxi somewhere.
3) Would like recommendations for breakfast. We LOVE a good breakfast.
4) Lunch/Dinner recommendations should not require formal wear (hubby's not bringing a suit/jacket with him). We love fine dining, but prefer locations that are ok with nice jeans/chinos. No ties/dresses/etc.
5) Would love recommendations for anything quintessentially NYC - good delis, etc.
6) If reservations are required, we'd need places that can take relatively last minute reservations.
7) We LOVE Top Chef. Any good recommendations for Top Chef restaurants/featured chefs? Or should we steer clear of them and go elsewhere.
8)We love all types of food, French, Italian, Chinese, New American, Seafood... we're game for most anything.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 1 month ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 25
Updated 9 months ago | 24