hello! i'm from nyc and am in charge of planning a family reunion for approx 25 people for a friday evening in three weeks. ideally we could get a private room, but a restaurant that is good for large groups is fine too.
some pertinent info:
- everyone is staying at the hyatt on king street; walking distance is ideal, but a short cab ride is fine (10-15 min max)
- the group will include 8 kids from ages 2-8; so, kids, their parents (30s/40s), and their parents
- asian is ideal, but anything is fine, particularly kid-friendly food
- ideally moderate to inexpensive; nothing too formal/fancy
- asian legend basement rooms are booked that night for a wedding
this is my first post, but nyc chowhound boards have always been there for me. i give a lot of weight to your chowhound opionions. i've searched the boards (which is how i found asian legend), but not much luck. i've never been to toronto, so i would so greatly appreciate any help!