All right Tacoma... When it comes to food in Tacoma things have gotten a little crazy on this here board. For instance, Indochine downtown is no longer tasty, so stop recommending it! Also, why all these 20 buck a plate places? Lets get back to our roots. I challenge Tacoma to hunt out food on the cheap. We are talking less than 10 bucks for a fine tasty treat. Other rules? None... Lets start a list, cheap food, under ten bucks that will rock your socks off. Here is what I got:
- Tofu House down in Paldo World - Damn tasty hot tofu soup... incredible side dishes
- The Fish House, friggin' awesome fried fish, tasty hot wings
- V & V Pho, simply good, honest to god Pho.... oh no MSG, a def. plus
- Legendz double cheese burger, cheap and makes you feel gross after your done, everything a burger needs
- MSM for a sandwhich, Mikes delux all the way!!!
- It's greek, get a gyro INSIDE.... if you order and sit down to eat they really load up the toppings
- PSP for some good pizza, none of this "piza!" (bad pun) that is associated with places like the rock (unless you like hanging out with drunk frat jerks)
- Freighthouse square two things here:
a) Sushi, stop by after 6:30 for half off goodness... load up on a quality rainbow roll
b) Al's hawaiin, a Loco Moco that literally weighs 5 lbs, they make homemade hamburger mix for the loco moco.... mmmmmmm gravy
- Tacos guamos for some decent mexican food, although the mexican market on 66th and South Tacoma makes a MEAN enchilada platter (any platter that comes with three enchiladas and also a half chicken is friggin sweet, also under 10)
- Vietnamese butcher shop of 36th near Vien Dong... about 3/4 of the time I go they are out of the classics: roast duck, fried pork, cha shu (sp?)... if you can score there then rock on
- Bobs BBQ, although not for the BBQ, get a big honking tub of greens... they make some mean greens
- Southern kitchen breakfast, pushing the 10 buck envelope, but fried butterfish for breakfast is next to godlyness.... mmmmm gravy, fried, eggs, butter and grits......
**Wows also does a mean gravy that actually has meatballs in it... who the hell puts meatballs in their gravy?
Well what else do you got Tacoma!!!!! Remember keep it simple, keep it safe, keep it cheap... Lets hunt out those local haunts that keep food in Tacoma real.... Psh Indochine!!!! I hate that place, pacific grill is good, they got a very tasty ginger jack drink as well as good blue cheese tater tots