Hello fellow Chowhounds,
I've been a longtime lurker on Chowhound. Chowhound has been a fantastic resource for planning my honeymoon in Argentina and last year's trip to NYC; this is in addition to the great finds I've gotten living here in the SF Bay Area.
Here is the help I need:
The wife and I are traveling the UK and Ireland June 4th thru 17th and have no idea what to eat and where to go.
This is our tentative schedule:
London - 4 days
Oxford and Manchester -3 days
Edinburgh and scotch whiskey tasting - 3 days
Dublin - 3 days
The only things we have so far is that: we are going to St. John and The Kitchin in Edinburgh. (couldn't get into The Fat Duck [does anyone have any tips on getting a rez?])
The tips I was hoping you all could provide are:
1. London - What are the can't miss spots to hit? We enjoy all kinds of food but really want to concentrate on local specialties we can't anywhere else in the world (best black pudding, best high tea, etc.)
2. London - Besides restaurants, are there any street food / food markets that are exceptional?
3. London - Is 4 days enough time to spend in London?
4. Are there any places that we can't miss between London and Edinburgh?
5. Does anyone have any lodging tips for any countryside farms that host visitors and give them the agricultural experience? [milking cows and making cheese and then lunch with the family?]
6. The wife and I are big scotch drinkers and plan to visit some distilleries in Scotland; does anyone have any recommendations?
7. Is there any food reasons to travel outside of Dublin while in Ireland?
Sorry if any of this has been answered before; thanks in advance for the responses!
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 3 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 10