Hello again, Toronto Chowhounds!
I have not been living in Toronto since about May 2010. I have done a quick scan of the boards, as well as a scan of the other usual suspects for restaurant reviews (Toronto Life, Now Magazine, etc.) and I have come to realize that the list of new things happening/that have happened on the Toronto restaurant/eatery scene is quite overwhelming. Therefore, I am asking if you could be so kind as to help me prioritize my rediscovery of Toronto food.
Based on my research, it seems like I need to break things down into a few categories, and in each category please list your top 3 to 5 picks that have sprung up in the last 2 years (I would prefer if the selections were kept to downtown Toronto as I don't have a car). The categories are (and yes, I realize there may be overlap among these categories -- I'll leave it to you how you want to categorize a restaurant):
- High-end & Hotel dining (e.g., Has David Chang's opened up yet? How is Stock?)
- Sandwich shops & fast food (Bahn Mi Boys? Porchetta? Paramount?)
- Asian (Guu? Wabora? Amaya Express? Swish by Han?)
- Mid-range dining (Barque? Buca?)
- Other (open category for places that don't fit into any of the above categories)
As always, your help is much appreciated!
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 9 months ago | 20
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 7 months ago | 2
Updated 8 months ago | 16