Since we have been banging on about pubs on this board and since I just went out with an author and had a rather smashing pint of Fullers Organic Honeydew, I thought it might be worth sharing tips on favourite pubs. So here are my top ten with reasons why
1) The Wenlock Arms much discussed below. Great beer, trad London Stylee
2) The Artillery Arms Artillery Row E.C1 . Next to the Honourable Artillery Company. A great Fullers pub
3) The Lamb & Flag Just of Covent Garden a truly historical pub which was, I believe the sight of Lord Byrons mugging some 300 years ago
4) The Market Trader Borough Market - another good source of real ale
5) O Hanlons Amwell St ,Islington actually it is no longer owned by this artisan brewer, but it still serves all their wonderful beer
6) The Clachen Just behind Libertys department store on Kingly St. Some great beers and a fascinating West Soho crowd dyspeptics.
7) The Jugged Hare Vauxhall Bridge Rd good Fullers pub. Great lively atmosphere
8) The French House Soho. The home of the free French in WWII. The archetypal Soho pub
9) The Coal Hole The Strand. A great free house with the best pint of Double Dragon in the city
10) The Salisbury- St Martins Lane the beer is variable but it is one of the last of the great Victorian pubs.
Updated 2 years ago | 15
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 2 years ago | 8
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 43