Finally booked tickets to head to Tokyo in late August. It has been almost six months since I have been to Tokyo and there are lots of grounds to cover given all the recent reviews of great places. These are the places that I am thinking about and would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions (especially on dishes):
1) Sushi: two sushi meals planned since this is my wife's favourite food. Was originally planning on Mizutani and Kanesaka. But Sushi Taku in the Michelin guide looks quite attractive especially given the possibility of wine pairing. Trying to pair sushi with wine has been a big challenge and would love to see what the experts can do. Has anyone been to Sushi Taku?
2) Steak: would like to have some excellent Japanese beef though not shabu shabu or sukiyaki style. Am debating between Dons de la Nature (highly recommended by Asomaniac), Shima in Nihonbashi and Steak Shiozawa in Ginza. Find the other two names radomly on the internet and even though they are probably both very good, would like to see if anyone has been there. Would have picked Dons but really wanted my steak teppanyaki style as opposed to grilled.
3) Yakitori: does anyone has a good recommendation? happy to head back to isehiro but wanted to see if others have been a good one recently
4) Tempura: this one is easy, will head to Kondo again to try some of their vegetables tempura
5) Contemporary Japanese: I really like contemporary Japanese style a la Ryugin, Mutsukari. The Michelin guide listed Yonemura as another similar restaurant. Has anyone tried this place? Alternatively, are there other similar restaurants that you would recommend?
Thank you for everyone's help in advance and I will of course report back to let you know how it went!
Updated 5 days ago | 39
Updated 11 days ago | 28
Updated 21 hours ago | 22
Updated 17 hours ago | 9
Updated 3 days ago | 21