My apologies to 9Lives who I know wanted to hit the Cantab for burgers.
Found myself in Central Square last night and could not resist.
Short story, darn excellent burger, potentiall the heir to the lost Tim's Tavern Burger of my youth...
- I ordered the burger with everything
- Bacon was overdone and not really worth it
- mushrooms were good, but scarce
- I would stick with the basic cheeseburger
- That was a darn large 8-10 oz burger
- Perfectly formed
- The meat was exactly right
- One caution, two of us each ordered medium rare; one was spot on perfect, one medium. That said, even the medium was way better then 90% of the burgers I have had in Boston. Last week I had a $12 burger at Casablanca that was okay...
- I would take the $6.50 cheeseburger at the Cantab over it any day.
- It really did have the perfect slightly coarsely ground texture, obviously formed by hand, excellent juicy fat content, all around awesome burger.
- I would have to say, possibly my favorite burger in beantown right now and certainly to some extent chanelling the spirit of Tim's Tavern.