My mother and I will be visiting Paris (6 days) and Mont Saint Michel (1 day) next week, and it will be our first time. I took a gander at these boards, and will continue to browse, but I thought I'd post separately with my specific preferences and see if anyone can round out my list of places to eat.
- We're traveling on a budget (see exception below) and we've both heard about how horrible some of the tourist traps can be in Paris. We'd rather eat where locals eat -- and language isn't a problem. We plan to eat out mostly at lunchtime and keep dinners simple. I'm also looking for patisserie and boulangerie recommendations if there are any -- I've got a sweet tooth! (ETA: Found a lot in this post -- http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/723608 -- thanks!)
- Our hotel is in the 14th arrondissement but we pretty much plan on visiting all the major tourist places... so suggestions in all neighborhoods are welcome.
- Foodwise we're probably going to want to focus on French food. For so-called "ethnic" food, we have a great selection of Asian eateries in L.A. and Taipei (where we're from), so we probably won't eat at any of those places unless they are mindblowing :)
- Some places I've jotted down based on recs here and elsewhere...
1. Pierre Hermé
3. Urfa Durum
4. Quai Montebello Farmer's Market
5. Ribouldingue (I like offal and someone recommended this place to me)
6. Le 21
8. Au coin de Malte
9. Léon de Bruxelles (Is this place actually good? My mom she had a great experience at the Long Island location.)
- Despite what I said about being on a budget, I'd really like to treat my mom to at least one extravagant French dinner, so I'm looking for a nice restaurant for that. Ideally this would be on the night before our departure, during which we'll be staying in the La Défense area. Budget is up to 100 euros per person for that. Neither of us drinks wine (I know, I know... wasting a trip to France!). However, my mom is one of those people who doesn't like to spend money if it's not "worth it," so the meal has to match the price -- if that makes sense.
Thanks for your help!
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 8 months ago | 10
Updated 9 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 4 months ago | 0