I'll be in NY for Thanksgiving weekend with my spouse, and we hope to spend at least some of the time eating great food! Naturally I've been browsing the boards, using the search engine etc., but it's all a little overwhelming. And as we all know, the search engine has been a bit spotty. So I'd appreciate some specific advice...
- Moderately priced only, please; no fine dining.
- Veg-friendly, dairy, seafood; don't bother recommending your favorite steak house or authentic, lard-intensive Mexican place. (He'd love it, but I'd have trouble finding something to eat.)
- We're all set for the holiday dinner -- will be with family.
With that in mind, here's what I do need:
- A good lunch spot along I-84 in CT (not Rein's!) or enroute to Queens from there
- Breakfast places in & around Queens Blvd. in Elmhurst (I'm hip to the Sage Diner; what else?)
- Must-avoids in that area (and, of course, any must-trys!) for lunch/dinner/browsing
- Lunch near the Museum of Natural History
- Dinner in that area or in Queens. I know that's kinda vague, even with the above strictures -- let's see if I can narrow it down a bit -- South Indian food is often vegetarian -- or how about Pakistani, Afghan, middle eastern, central Asian? Or anything I'm not likely to have a chance to try in Massachusetts?
And, in the nostalgia department...
- Sure would love to find a chow-worthy knish somewhere...
- Will try to make it to that sacred shrine, DiFara's, but would welcome any sightings of good ol' NY pizza in or near the above areas.
- Where, oh where, can I pick up a decent loaf of Jewish rye to take home?
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 12
Updated 8 hours ago | 43
Updated 13 days ago | 34
Updated 12 hours ago | 31