Hey yal! Just returned from a great 4-day trip to your fair city to plan our Sept. wedding. Despite the chilly temps, the Austin vibe was intoxicating and we can't wait to return!
Sadly, we were unable to sample any of the tex-mex spots we're contemplating for our offsite "meet and greet" dinner for 100 or so of our guests. I've searched the boards and the 2007 Fearless Critic Austin Guide has been helpful but, as always, your thoughts would be much appreciated!
All of these are more or less in the $9-$13/person range, which makes them much more hard to nail down. There will be a couple foodies, but I'm looking for an overall crowd-pleaser that can handle being driven and set-up, etc. Thanks!
- Matt's El Rancho: Per reviews, seems to be an average spot. Their $/person is the highest on my list. Worth it?
- Chuy's: Pick-up only. I'm thinking I should eliminate this solely on the basis of what it will look like after sitting in a car for 15 minutes...any to-go Chuys experiences for large crowds?
- Santa-Rita: Seems a bit corporate. Who's had their enchiladas?
- Maudies: A much-debated spot, I had eliminated it after reading a couple bad reviews, but the ease of the Catering section on their site makes me think they know what they're doing. Are their enchiladas really the gooey mess they've been referred to here?
- Habernero: Awaiting a catering menu...I'll drool over talk of their fajitas 'til then.
Updated 9 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 27 days ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 2 months ago | 8