My boyfriend and I will be visiting Tokyo for 4 nights and I'd like to make the most of our time there eating! I've already done some research but would love your recs for the following categories if you have new places to suggest or can weigh in on what we're considering (especially if they're too far for us to get to).
We're from Los Angeles where we already have a great mix of cultural flavors, so I'm really looking to stick to Japanese food during our stay.
We'll be staying near Ueno/Asakusa but will be exploring most probably in Shibuya, Shinjuku, Roppongi, and Ginza so anything fairly accessible is fair game (it's been difficult to tell how close many places are to where we are). Also we're looking to eat fairly inexpensively when possible.
1. Sushi - Have heard good things about Midori at various locations for reasonably-priced sushi; also Sushi Daiwa, Dai Sushi, and Sushi Sei in Tsukiji; kaiten sushi worth trying and if so, where at?
2. Yakitori/Robata-yaki - Birdland (where?), Isehiro in Akasaka, Takumi in Ginza
3. Ramen - Akanoren, Ramen Jiro in Mita, Ippudo in Ebisu, Koumen chain in Ikebukuro
4. Tonkatsu - Tonki in Meguro, Katsuyoshi in Ebisu
5. Soba - Yabu Soba near Akihabara
Thank you in advance for your suggestions! =)