A word about Tanpopo
I like it, it's a nice place with some pleasing comfort food but it doesn't always hit the mark:
1) fried chicken dishes
2) vegetables dishes, very simple and fresh
3) seafood dishes look and taste clean and are reasonably well-prepared
4) Shio Ramen. The soy broth is clean and tastes as it should
5) Gyoza--> Wrappers are properly thin and the filling, although a little bit to vegetably is good
1) Miso Ramen, this to me is tantamount to treason. The miso broth comes straight from a powder, it could not taste plainer. Extending from this are the Spicy Miso Ramen and Kyushu Ramen, both of which are bland. I had to load them all with chili-oil and seasoning just to make it acceptable
2) Ramen fixin's --> Bamboo is overcooked, fishcake could not seem or taste more packaged, char-sui is too fatty and overcooked (fat is chewy not melting).
3) service. I don't like it, the waitresses seemed to be burdened by a gaijin such as myself. Although she seemed to be marginally nice, she was not helpful and was certainly not attentive.
Honestly, I'm looking for a more authentic ramen place, one that is more attentive to the food. Although this place is acceptable, WHERE ELSE CAN ONE GO IN SAN FRANCISCO!?!?
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 2 years ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 24