Hey - I've got two friends going to taipei who needs food recs. I never know where i'm going in taipei b/c i always end up going to night markets and little restaurants in alleyways and stuff like that.
I definitely wanted to get them the following:
- niu rou mian (beef noodle soup)
- gua bao
- oh ah jian (oyster pancake)
- bao bing (shaved ice)
- unagi: this is a weird request, but i remember taiwan having places that do real deal japanese grilled eel (unagi) which is impossible to find in the US. If anyone else knows a place that'd be awesome
- taiwanese food: most of the the stuff i just mentioned is street food type stuff, but i always love little restaurants serving really good taiwanese food (i need to keep track of where i go next time)
- anything else you think is worth trying
Any recs would be great. Thanks.