As the other Super88 thread ( http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/563123 ) was getting to be a bit unwieldy I decided to start a new one.
Status update, the good:
- Well they actually do seem to be staying in business, and the previous post that they are expanding the food court seems to be correct. They have essentially lopped off the front quarter of the grocery store and are already converting it into space that can probably house 2-5 more food stalls. The new layout actually makes sense. That alone is a huge plus; any additions to the already awesome food court could be interesting.
- The old configuration was a bit of a sprawl anyway. It really did waste a lot of space.
- Shelves are being restocked. E.g. they had 2-3 different sized of Sriracha, they had kimchee and some tofu products. The fruits and veg were very well stocked.
Status update the not so good:
- Their little counter with the amazing steam buns and sticky rice in lotus leaf seem to be gone for good. So sad.
- I fear that the selection of yore may be gone forever. Lots of Lee Kum Kee products, not the breadth and depth of the past. Could not find my favorite raisins, still not stocking the funky spiced vegan mock meats I really liked in the tofu section.
In summary, they are getting back up to speed. Time will tell how well stocked they get when they are fully done with the renovation.