Three of us (all ex-Torontonians reconverging in the old city) are meeting up this December for lunch and coffee. Here are our guidelines for a venue :
- relatively quiet, as one of our party is hard of hearing. We will be lunching at 1:30 so this requirement will hopefully not be too difficult to fulfill.
- price : on the cheaper side
- location : downtown, as one is arriving by train and has limited time -- let's say between College and Waterfront and between Spadina and Jarvis.
- cuisine : European or North American preferred
- bonus points if located close to a really good cafe that we can move to afterwards for macchiatos and gift-exchanging.
I am trying to wrack my memories, but I mostly ate at Asian restos when I lived in Toronto and the only European ones I knew other than bad pubs were loud, trendy, young numbers. Would really appreciate any suggestions !