I always knew not to use pyrex with direct flame (on the stovetop or in the broiler), but I'd thought it was fine in the oven and microwave until recently coming across all these discussions of it breaking/cracking/shattering/exploding from oven or microwave use, while in the oven/microwave, or while sitting on the kitchen counter. It looks like a lot of ppl have issues with pyrex even when following typical warnings (don't go from cold fridge to hot oven, don't put cold food in hot dish, don't put hot dish directly on cold counter, etc.). I have zero interest in having my meal lost, cleaning up glass (especially in the oven), or getting injured by some flying shard.
We can still add things to our registry- should I stop baking with pyrex and replace it now? (I tend to use their pie plates for pies and rectangular pans for baking macaroni & cheese/cakes/lasagna.)