Okay so I finally got a cast iron skillet, it's a Lodge Pre-seasoned 12" skillet. Now my gf is used to grilled steaks but I want to make her something she'll love. Before having a CI I've been using a regular non-stick pan and then putting the steaks in the oven for 10 minutes and it's usually a hit or miss. I usually just use kosher salt and pepper or montreal seasoning and now that i have a CI I want to do it right. The method I will be using to cook the steak is this:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with the pan inside for 20 minutes
- Take pan out and put it on the stove using medium high heat
- Sear both sides for 30 seconds each
- Pop it in the oven for two minutes
- Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
Now for the seasoning, what do you guys use? If I use a marinade will it be a mess in the CI?