Some questions about squash puree. Thanks!
So far, make the puree by dry-roasting whole star anise, cinnamon and clove, grinding in spice grinder. Heat oil and butternut squash, chicken broth, fresh thyme, the ground seasonings. Puree in blender. Add salt, crushed pepper, splash of lime. Stir.
1. Grind the seasonings or keep whole, discard before blender?
2. What fish texture to pair: white, dense, thick? (Seared with piment d’espelete)
3. Top the fish with salsa verde or is that too much?
4. With broccoli rabe? Shaved Brussels sprouts? Another green vegetable?
5. Mushrooms on plate: Porcini? Chanterelle? Morel? Which complements the squash flavors in taste and texture?
Thanks for suggestions.
Updated 3 months ago | 15
Updated 5 months ago | 1
Updated 5 days ago | 2
Updated 4 months ago | 9
Updated 3 months ago | 5