My family (with 2 kids age 7 & 10) plans to visit Manhattan for a period of 10-14 days in late June/early July period. Will most likely stay at New York Palace, price is not an issue, willing to splurge if necessary (sorry, want to take advantage of weak US$...). I have done some research on past threads but still looking to complete the list before the departure. So want to thank in advanced to anyone who is willing to provide any advise.
First, this is the list that we target to visit after the research on past threads. Any opinion or suggestion is welcome:
Fine dining- Jean Georges, (is there a problem to bring 2 kids?)
Korean BBQ- Madangsui or Woo Lae Oak,
Sushi- Yashua, Kuruma Zushi or Kanoyama,
Izakaya- Totto or Aburia Kinnosuke,
Cantonese- Congee Village or Amazing 66, (need authentic Cantonese, not American Chinese, not willing to venture outside of Manhattan)
Cantonese comfort food- Great N.Y. Noodletown.
Second, this is a list of questions that I would appreciate to get any recommendation:
1. Where is the best Sunday brunch that is close to the hotel?
2. Any really good American seafood that focus on raw oysters, clam chowder and Maine lobster? Something like Swan Oyster Depot or Hog Island in San Francisco.
3. We would like to try NY style pizza. Di Fara and Grimaldi's seem too far. Do not want to wait 1 hour for Lombardi. What is the best alternative for pizza in Manhattan? Looking for just very good cheese and pepperoni, nothing fancy.
4. Where is the best place to bring the kids for ice cream?
5. Any good Southern BBQ place in Manhattan?
6. Any good Thai and Vietnam restaurants near the hotel?
7. Any good Greek gyros on street corners rather than restaurants?
8. Any good comfortable restaurant in Greenwich Village or Soho area after some shopping there?
Thanks again for any reply.