This place was first mentioned to me by fellow Singapore Chowhound, M_Gomez (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/831262).
Been back to Brasserie Gavroche a couple of times already, and had to say it's simply *the best* French bistro in Singapore at the mo.
- Bone marrow on toasted Poilane bread with garlic confit - very tasty combination. In fact, the garlic confit lent the dish a strong assertive flavor which I could not find in St John (london)'s famous version;
- Sauteed bamboo clams with Iberico ham - not to my taste, but my dining companion proclaimed it the best starter she'd ever had;
- Grandpa Henri's fish quenelles with crayfish sauce. 2nd time I'm having this & I'm still hankering for a return visit. Absolutelty delicious quenelles - perfect taste & texture;
- Pan-roasted sirloin steak with Bearnaise sauce & fries. The fries were the best ever. The steak was done up perfectly as ordered (medium rare);
- Baba au Rhum - BEST in Singapore!!!
Polished friendly service by the mainly French service staff. The decor transports one to Paris in a flash ;-)
66 Tras St
Tel: +65 6225 8266
Updated 5 months ago | 11
Updated 15 days ago | 36
Updated 8 days ago | 84
Updated 1 day ago | 70
Updated 5 days ago | 31