I bought 2 lbs of shrimp a few weeks ago which I decided to freeze. I have done this before and it's been fine. However tonight as I opened the bag it seemed that the shrimp had a fishier smell than when I initially froze them. It's not the type of fishy smell which you know you should not eat them but more just fishier. Have you noticed this? I assume since they will be cooked, it's OK to eat?
Just because a friend mentioned something about water leakage, I will note that when I pulled the bag out of the bowl of cold water it was sitting that quite a bit of water had seeped in somehow.