I'm hoping I can mine the collective mind of Chowhound.
I'm in search of a restaurant/location to hold an anniversary dinner for 15-20 people.
- really good & interesting food
- preferably somewhere that has a farm-to-table kind of ethic
- has a space where this group can be at least semi-private
- not a seafood restaurant (allergies)
- needs to be within about 15 miles/40 minute drive of Boston
We're looking to spend around $100-$120/head. I don't want something that's just a sit down dinner, I want something that has atmosphere and imagination.
What I really want is somewhere like Hen of the Woods at the Grist Mill (http://www.henofthewood.com/), but somewhat closer than Waterbury, VT. Alternatively, the other thought I'd been noodling around with is of having a dinner in the fields kind of thing (this event will be in the summer sometime, so outside is possible), but I'm not sure how I'd go about arranging that.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.