My husband and I are taking a trip to Seattle Jan 20th then driving down to portland for my Birthday and 1 year wedding anniversary. I have been doing some research and had some questions about the Seatle portion. Well be in Seattle for 3 days before driving down. We are staying at the Inn at Queen Anne but anywhere in the Seattle area is fine.
Here is what I was thinking so far.
* Induldge in Eating a Pacific Northwest Oyster - Elliott's Oyster House
Now I've read on chowhound that Elliotts is best for the Oyster Happy Hour but you only get a choice of 2 oysters. Am I missing out on the other two? We'd like to sit up at the bar, is it very crowded, how likely are we to get a seat up at the bar?
* I'm a native Floridian so I'm really looking for some food that I can't get elsewhere or local seafood, etc. Dungeness Crab sounds tasty, Elliots has it on the menu but from what I've heard is that Oysters are the best thing there. Where would you go for dungeness crab?
* We are hitting up Pikes Place Market. We are just going to explore it on our own because I heard the tours are not great for foodies. Is there anything there we shouldn't miss?
* See Murray or Eric at Zig Zag Cafe. When is the best time to go? Would say Friday Night be too busy? Is earlier in the day better than later in the day?
* Drink really good Seattle Coffee - I don't care about Starbucks number 1 is there better coffee in Seattle, there has got to be.
* Try a Seattle Dog. Is it just a hotdog with cream cheese on it? Is this worth it or should I nix this.
* Since it's my Brithday on the 22nd and My Anniversay on 23rd can someone please suggest a nice restaurant that may be suitable.
* We are meeting up with a friend and probably having lunch or dinner with her, I'm looking for something friendly, fun, a place we could catch up, that isn't expensive.
* Brew Pub? Are there any great ones in Seattle or should we wait until Portland for that.
* Salumi - I don't get it, I want to get it I just don't. What is the menu, how do you order, the website looks as though you just buy the meat products? I thought there were supposed to be sandwiches you can buy.
Is there anything I left out that I shouldn't We are open to all things.
Thanks to those who reply. I appreciate the help