Ok, in response to the very puzzling awards list of the California Restaurant Association's San Diego chapter, I'm opening up the voting to San Diego Chowhounds. I've significantly shortened the list of categories, eliminating everything that is dumb, boring, I don't like or don't care about. It is my game, after all. Here's the rules:
1. You may vote for only one business in each category.
2. Don't vote for anything you or your family has any financial interest in.
3. No comments, arguments, or supporting evidence in this thread please, just the votes.
4. Vote based on the current quality of food, beverage and service only, please. Don't vote for Joe's because it's been there a long time, it's close to your house, it has a great view, they let your dog o the patio, they used to be great, etc.
Here's the categories:
1. Best American:
2. Best Asian:
3. Best Breakfast:
4. Best Brewery:
5. Best Burger:
6. Best Continental/French (Casual):
7. Best French (Fine Dining):
8. Best Ethnic:
9. Best Italian (casual):
10. Best Italian (fine dining):
11. Best Mexican (casual):
12. Best Mexican (fine dining):
13. Best Neighborhood Restaurant:
14. Best New Restaurant (casual):
15. Best New Restaurant (fine dining):
16. Best Pizza:
17. Best Seafood (casual):
18. Best Seafood (fine dining):
19. Best Steakhouse (casual): Bully's East
20. Best Steakhouse (fine dining): Donovans
21. Best Sunday Brunch: Tom Ham's Lighthouse
22. Best Sushi: Sushi Bar Blue
23. Best Wine Bar: Wine Vault & Bistro
Again, please, votes only in this thread. Please start another thread to discuss.